Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most common questions. If you have a question that isn’t here, don’t hesitate to contact us.
When is the Youth Center open?
- K-5: Tentatively planned to reopen January 2021. Stay tuned for more info later
- 6-12: Monday and Wednesday from 3:30pm to 6:00pm and hold monthly events on evenings and weekends.
- Wednesday evenings, Dinner is 6:30pm to 7:00pm, Junior High Small Group is from 7:00pm to 8:00pm, Senior High Small Group is from 7:00pm to 8:30pm.
Where are you located?
- Old Gregg School Community Center at 106 School Street, Spring Mills, PA 16875 – Room 103
What does it cost?
- Nothing! Our programs and events are free for teenagers! We provide free healthy snacks and food. If we are taking a trip or attending an outside activity that cost money, we will give notice. Never let cost be a deterrent. We have generous donors who help provide scholarships.
What services to do you offer?
- We provide after-school activities such as tutoring, gym/recreation, games, and healthy snacks. Thursday Meals, Youth Group, Small Groups, Counseling, as well as many other activities.
Is transportation provided?
- K-5: TBD
- 6-12: Currently, students can ride the PVYC Van from the high school with a written note from parents. This note must be written weekly but can include all days we are open. There is no organized transportation from the youth center but rides can be set-up.
Is my child safe with the staff?
- All staff must have their criminal background check and child abuse clearances. No adult is allowed to be alone at any time with a student. Adults interested in volunteering must complete an application process that includes an interview with the Director and the PVYC Board of Directors. Your child’s safety is our first priority!